1859 Robson Street was on the north side of Robson Street, west of Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 65, Lot 34.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched May 26, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1905 to 1919:
|1905 to 1913||Watson, Eugene|
|1913||Hueston, F. D. [Frank Dewitt Hueston]|
|1916||O’Brian, Clarence MacLean|
|1917||Thorburn, Mansel Hay|
|1918 to 1919||Clarke, William Nelson|
In 1913, the house was for rent.
In 1914, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
The house was a private residence until the 1940s.
In 1944, 1948 and 1949, the house was for sale.
The house was a rooming house in the late 1940s and in the 1950s.
By the fall of 1963, the City of Vancouver approved an apartment building at 1875 Robson Street. It appears that the building was also to occupy the property next door, at 1859 Robson Street.
The new 12-storey building was advertising rentals in April 1964. It was called “Camelot Apartments,” probably inspired by the musical play that was popular at the time.
Camelot, 1875 Robson Street, Vancouver BC Canada; http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=53887.
Camelot, 1875 Robson Street, Vancouver BC Canada; https://www.emporis.com/buildings/113143/camelot-vancouver-canada.