1829 Robson Street was on the north side of Robson Street,west of Denman Street.
Legal description: District Lot 185; Block 65; east half of Lot 32.
The house was set further back on the lot than many of its neighbours.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched May 5, 2019].
|Owner:||Morrison, K. J.|
|Architect:||Morrison, K. J.|
|Builder:||Morrison, K. J.|
|Legal Address:||DL: Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Robson Street|
Vancouver directory listings from 1907 to 1922:
|1907||Jackson, Cyril Hugh|
|1908 to 1910||Creech, William Robert|
|1908 to 1910||Wheldon, Samuel Douglas|
|1911 to 1914||Creech, Frederick James (son of William Robert Creech)|
|1911 to 1915||Morrison, Kenneth John|
|1916 to 1922||Morrison, Jeanette (wife of Kenneth John Morrison)|
In 1907, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
Occasionally the house offered rental accommodation.
Most of the time, however, the house was a private residence.
In 1964, Lot 32 became the site of a 12-storey apartment building with an address of 1831 Robson Street. It was called “Park Ridge Towers” or “Park Ridge Tower.”
In the 1990s, the address of 1829 Robson Street began to apply to a restaurant space that was part of the building at 1821 Robson Street.