1846 Nelson Street was on the south side of Nelson Street, about midway between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 69, Lot 4.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 4, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1905 to 1920.
|1905 to 1907||Mason, Robert|
|1909 to 1913||Jenkins, Harry Leroy|
|1916 to 1919||Heaps, Edward Hewetson|
The house was a private residence from the 1920s to the early 1940s.
In 1943, the house was converted to apartments under the federal Housing Conversion Act.
The house was a rooming house in the 1950s and early 1960s.
In December 1963, a new apartment was on the site.
The building was called “Bayside Towers.”
Wartime Housing Limited, 1941-1947; Canadian Housing Policy at the Crossroads, by Catherine Jill Wade, M.A. Thesis, University of British Columbia, 1984; https://open.library.ubc.ca/media/download/pdf/831/1.0096317/1.
Bayside Towers, 1846 Nelson Street, Vancouver BC Canada; http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=54173.