2003 Haro Street was on the north side of Haro Street, just west of Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 66, Lot 24.Heritage Vancouver indicates that the building permit was issued in October 1905 to D. B. Charleson, with an estimated cost of $7,500.
In 1918, the Charlesons built a garage with a value of $450: see building permit no. 9635.
The following reference to this property appears in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched May 6, 2018].
|Owner:||Charlson, Mrs. D. B. [Charleson]|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 66 Sub: Resub: Lot: 24|
|Street Name:||Haro Street|
|Remarks:||Repairs; Garage [BCR] [added legal desc.]|
Vancouver directory listings for 2003 Haro Street from 1907 to 1928:
|1907 to 1928||Charleson, Donald Brims|
The Charleson family and their descendants lived here until the late 1940s. Later, the house became a rooming house and a rest home.
In 1969, a developer bought the property and demolished the house to make room for a new apartment building.
The new building was called “Lost Lagoon Terrace,” and the apartments went on sale on September 6, 1970.
2003 Haro, at Chilco; Vancouver City Archives; AM1348-: CVA 1348-29; created 1968: http://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/2003-haro-at-chilco;rad;
Vacant lot, Lagoon Drive and Chilco (house is rear of 2003 Haro), Vancouver City Archives; http://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/vacant-lot-lagoon-drive-and-chilco-house-is-rear-of-2003-haro;rad;