1966 Nelson Street – Detail from AM54-S4 – PAN P103 (about 1908)
1966 Nelson Street was on the south-east corner of Nelson Street and Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 69, Lots 12 and 13.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 9, 2019].
|Owner:||Matheson, J. P.|
|Architect:||Matheson, J. P.|
|Builder:||Matheson, J. P.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 69 Sub: Resub: Lot: 13|
|Street Name:||Chilco Street & Nelson Street|
(John Phillip Matheson (1864-1917) was a builder and developer, originally from Prince Edward Island.)
Vancouver directory listings from 1905 to 1920.
|1905 to 1911; 1913||Stewart, Donald Malcolm|
|1912||Catlin, William Weed|
|1914 to 1917||Munn, Albert Edward|
|1920||Wright, Mrs. A.|
From the 1920s onward, the house provided rental accommodation.
In May 1946 there was a sale of furniture and building materials at 1966 Nelson Street.
In December 1946 a fire damaged part of the house.
In 1950 a new series of apartments appeared at the corner of Nelson Street and Chilco Street. The addresses were 1958 Nelson Street and 1980 Nelson Street. The apartments were called Robern Manor (sometimes Robern Manors).In 1986, a condominium building called “Chilco Park” was at the corner of Nelson Street and Chilco Street. The street address was 1010 Chilco Street.