1940 Beach Avenue was on the south side of Beach Avenue, near the intersection with Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 71; Lot 28.
Vancouver directory listings from 1906 to 1914.
|1906 to 1910||Bye, Joseph William|
|1911 to 1912||Howes, Earl Bradford|
|1913||Lee, Charles N. (Cornelius Nemmo Lee)|
|1914||Paxman, John Wellington|
In September 1913, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
In November 1913, the Vancouver Parks Board took over the lot and asked for tenders to remove the house.
Simpson Brothers moved their houses by sliding them down onto the beach and rolling them onto a scow.
In 1914, Arthur Henry Bradbury received a permit to move the house from 1940 Beach Avenue to 1957 Pendrell Street.
Further information appears on the page for 1957 Pendrell Street.
A later map showed the former location of 1940 Beach Avenue.