1880 Alberni Street was on the south side of Alberni Street, east of Gilford Street.
Legal description: District Lot: 185; Block 65; Lot: 24B (or east half of Lot 24).
There are is one possible reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched November 10, 2019]. However, although the lot number is 24, the street address is 1870 Alberni Street. The owner is J. L. Kerr (probably John Latimer Kerr, who lived at 1890 Alberni Street from 1900 to 1909).
|Owner:||Kerr, J. L.|
|Architect:||Doctor, W. A.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 65 Sub: Resub: Lot: 24|
|Street Name:||Alberni Street|
|Remarks:||Frame dwelling house|
A reference to the permit for 1870 Alberni Street also appeared in the Vancouver Province.
Vancouver directory listings from 1912 to 1920.
|1912 to 1917||Keller, Mrs. Margaret|
|1918 and 1919||Mackie, Robert|
For much of its later life, the house offered rental accommodations.
In 1956 and 1969, the house was for sale.
In 1991, the lot became part of the site of 1888 Alberni Street.
Vancouver City Archives; File – – Permits/licenses applications – demolition permits; COV-S62-4; 1988-1990 (Creation); https://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/permits-licenses-applications-demolition-permits-6: File includes Manager’s reports and other records. Subjects include: “Moratoria on demolitions in North Vancouver and Victoria” (January and February 1990); “Toronto-Dominion Bank – 526 West Hastings Street (410 & 412-424 Seymour Street) – extension of demolition pertmit” (January 24, 1990); and “Demolition of the Huntington, 1915 Beach Ave.” (June 27, 1988). File also includes a memorandum of a demolition order for 1880 Alberni St., 1890 Alberni St., 1894-98 Alberni St., 740-744 Gilford St. and 746 Gilford St., and records pertaining to redevelopment around the Delmar Hotel (Dunsmuir, Homer, Pender and Hamilton Streets).