1833 Comox Street was on the north side of Comox Street, between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 69, Lot 38.
There are is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 22, 2019].
|Owner:||Kent, D. H.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Comox Street|
Vancouver directory listings from 1907 to 1920:
|1907 to 1910; 1912||Harrison, Francis Edgar|
|1911||Studd, Edward Arthur Chichester|
|1914||Ker, Edwin Dickson|
|1916||Maxwell, Herbert Bowen|
|1917||Darling, William Lyell|
|1918||Farris, Wendell Burpee|
|1919 and 1920||Kerr, Allan [or Allen] James|
Selected newspaper references to 1833 Comox Street.
The house continued as a private house and provider of rental accommodation until the 1950s.
In April 1955, the property was for sale.
At the end of 1955, a new apartment building was nearing completion on the property, with an address of 1835 Comox Street. The possession dates were to start in February 1956.