1931 Nelson Street was on the north side of Nelson Street, about midway between Gilford Street and Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 68, Lot 31.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 12, 2019].
|Architect:||Fripp, R. M.|
|Builder:||Crowe & Wilson (cont.)|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 68 Sub: Resub: Lot: 31|
|Street Name:||Nelson Street|
|Remarks:||Dwelling [added street name]|
Vancouver directory listings from 1902 to 1920.
|1902 to 1904||Hope, Charles Edward|
|1905 to 1906||Laird, David Rennie|
|1907 to 1917||Wilson, Charles Henry|
|1918||Tudhope, Hugh Reid|
|1919||Williamson, Allan Thomas Little|
|1920||Clark, John Arthur|
From time to time, the early residents of the house rented it to temporary guests.
In the 1920s the house was available for rent.
From the 1930s to the early 1960s, the house was a rooming house.
In May 1965, a new rental apartment building called “Newport Towers” appeared on the site, with an address of 1931 Nelson Street.
Newport Towers, 1931 Nelson Street; Capital J Management Ltd.; http://www.capitalj.ca/newport-towers/.
Newport Tower, 1931 Nelson Street, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; http://urbandb.com/canada/british-columbia/vancouver/newport-tower/index.html#.XGMVl1VKjIU.