1860 Nelson Street was on the south side of Nelson Street, east of Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 69, Lot 5.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 5, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1905 to 1920:
The house was a private residence from the 1920s to the 1940s.
In 1929, an advertisement for Frigidaire refrigerators referred to 1860 Nelson Street as “Sandringham Apartments.” However, the Sandringham Apartments were actually at 1853 Nelson Street.
In 1944, the house was divided into two living spaces.
By 1960, the house was gone, and a new apartment called “Rosemary Manor” was on the site.