1823 Comox Street was on the north side of Comox Street, between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 69, Lot 39.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 21, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1908 to 1920:
|1908 to 1917||Main, Alexander|
|1918||Parker, Mrs. F. (probably Mary Sarah Parker)|
|1919||Welsh, Emery Jay|
|1920||Davidson, John B.|
Throughout much of its life, the house offered rental accommodation.
In 1945, the house was for sale.
In 1952, a fire damaged a suite on the third floor in the house.
In 1965, the furniture and the building materials from the house were for sale, so that a high rise apartment could appear on the site.
However, the lot was still vacant in 1968.
The lot was still for sale in October 1970.
By 1974, a three-story apartment hotel called the “Shato Inn” was on the property, with an address of 1825 Comox Street.
By 2019, the hotel was closed.