1961 Comox Street was on the north side of Comox Street, east of the intersection between Comox Street and Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 69, east portion of Lot 29.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched January 6, 2019].
|Owner:||Herchfeld, H. C. [A.C. Hirschfeld]|
|Architect:||Grassett, E. Y.|
|Builder:||Grassett, E. Y.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Comox Street|
|Remarks:||Alteration to dwelling|
Vancouver directory listing from 1901 to 1920
|1901 to 1904||Sarel, Charles Wentworth|
|1905||Sharp, Henry Joseph|
|1906||Stein, William Thomas|
|1907||Burton, Amos Josiah|
|1908||Richardson, Mary Florence (Mrs. Peter Frank)|
|1909||Moon, Joseph Carter|
|1910 to 1911||Hirschfeld, Alfred Cyril|
|1911 to 1912||McKillip, Eliza Stein|
|1913||Stevenson, Catherine Alexandrina|
|1914 to 1917||Downes, Alfred|
|1918 to 1925||Kendall, John|
All or parts of the house were available for rent from time to time. Auctioneers conducted several sales of furniture from the premises.
The house was a rental house until the early 1960s. It was demolished to make way for the parking lot of the Eagle Crest apartments, 1949 Comox Street, which appeared in 1963. Further information appears on the page for 1949 Comox Street.