1849 Robson Street was on the north side of Robson Street, between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 65, west half of Lot 33.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched May 5, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1908 to 1922:
|1908||Moss, Castle Prentice|
|1909||Johnson, Stanley Mainwaring|
|1910||Cartwright, Helena Mary|
|1911||Anderson, James J.|
|1913||Hueston, Frank Dewitt|
|1913 to 1915||Schwartz, William Alden|
|1916||O’Brian, Clarence McLean|
|1917||Perman, Arthur Evelyn|
|1917||Thorburn, Mansel Hay|
|1919 to 1922||Walker, Cecil Pennington|
Castle Prentice Moss obtained telephone service at this house in early 1908.
Beginning in 1910, rooms in the house were often available to rent.
In 1934, the house was for sale.
The house continued to be a rental property.
In 1981, Hilcon Developments applied for a permit to build an eight-storey apartment building on the property.
It appears that the 1981 proposal did not go ahead.
In 1985, Coal Harbour Architectural Group applied for a permit to build an eight-storey apartment building on the site of 1843 Robson Street and 1849 Robson Street.
In 1986, a new building appeared on the site, with an address of 1845 Robson Street. The name of the building was “Sundial Place.”
Sundial Place, 1845 Robson Street; https://bccondos.net/1845-robson-st.