1844 Barclay Street was on the south side of Barclay Street, near the middle of the block between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 68, Lot 4.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 2, 2019].
|Architect:||Matheson, J. P.|
|Builder:||Matheson, J. P.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 68 Sub: Resub: Lot: 4|
|Street Name:||Barclay Street|
|Remarks:||Frame dwelling s.t.|
Vancouver directory listings from 1902 to 1924.
|1902 to 1905||Healy, John Justin|
|1906 to 1909||Hargrave, William Hamer|
|1910||Walsh, Walter William|
|1912 to 1913||Henderson, Thomas Morrison|
|1914 to 1924||Akhurst, William Adolphus|
The house later became a rooming house.
By November 1963, a rental apartment building called “The Coast Park” was on the site.
Vancouver Management Limited; Coast Park, 1844 Barclay St.; http://vml.bc.ca/property/?rental&buindingname=COAST%20PARK&city=Vancouver&unitId=12420.
Coast Park, 1844 Barclay Street, Vancouver BC Canada; http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=54799.