1875 Robson Street was on the north side of Robson Street, east of Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 65, Lot 35.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1[searched May 6, 2019].
|Architect:||Dalton & Eveleigh|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 65 Sub: Resub: Lot: 35|
|Street Name:||Robson Street|
Vancouver directory addresses from 1905 to 1920:
|1905 to 1908; 1910 to 1911; 1914||Thynne, Arthur Granville|
|1909||Macdonald, William Alexander|
|1912||Moorehead, Theodore Parker|
|1913||Thynne, F.J. (possible relative of Arthur Granville Thynne)|
|1915 to 1920||Robertson, Gideon|
|1921 to 1922||Robertson, Elizabeth (widow of Gideon Robertson)|
The house was a private residence until 1927.
William J. Williams, an accountant, was in the house from 1922 to 1923.
Doctor James Harold Jones, the medical superintendent of Shaughnessy Hospital, lived in the house from 1924 to 1927.
In the 1928 Vancouver directory, the house was vacant.
Later in 1928, the house was “Rosa Apartments.”
By 1929, the house was called “Chalet View Apartments.”
The Chalet View Apartments remained in operation until the 1950s.
In the late 1950s and early 1960s, the property was for sale.
In the fall of 1963, the City of Vancouver approved an apartment building on the site. It appears that the building was also to occupy the property next door, at 1859 Robson Street.
The new 12-storey building was advertising rentals in April 1964. It was called “Camelot Apartments,” probably inspired by the musical play that was popular at the time.
Camelot, 1875 Robson Street, Vancouver BC Canada; http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=53887.
Camelot, 1875 Robson Street, Vancouver BC Canada; https://www.emporis.com/buildings/113143/camelot-vancouver-canada.