2050 Comox Street was on the south side of Comox Street, about midway between Chilco Street and the Stanley Park boundary.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 70, Lot 16.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 16, 2019].
|Owner:||Buscombe, C.[probably “G.” for “George”]|
|Architect:||Matheson, J. P.|
|Builder:||Matheson, J. P.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 70 Sub: Resub: Lot: 16|
|Street Name:||Comox Street|
|Remarks:||Frame dwelling s.|
George Buscombe built this house and lived in it for most of the time from 1901 to 1951.
In June 1952, house wreckers demolished the house.
By the end of December 1952, a new rental apartment building was on the site.
The early name for the building was “Sharon Manor.”
By 1960, the building was called “Cumberland Court.”
In 1982, a developer applied for a permit to build a 13-storey apartment building at 2050 Comox Street.
By 1983, the developer had changed the height of the proposed building to six storeys.
The developer published a “Notice of Substantial Completion” as of August 26, 1985. (This notice was to establish the period to file a builder’s lien against the property.)
In October 1985, a realtor was advertising apartments in the new building, which was called “Liza Court.”