1876 Georgia Street was one of four similar houses on the south side of Georgia Street, just east of Gilford Street. (The last of the four houses to survive was 1890 Georgia Street. Further information appears on the page for 1890 Georgia Street.)
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 65, Lot 6 (west half of lot 6).
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched December 26, 2019].
William Goode Johnson and his family lived at 1876 Georgia Street from 1906 to 1948.
In 1949, the property was vacant.
The 1950 Vancouver directory did not list this address.
It appears that a new building appeared on this part of the block about 1950. It is the flat-roofed building in the photograph below.
From 1951 to 1953, the agricultural machinery firm of Fisher-Montguire Brothers (Overseas) Limited was at 1876 West Georgia Street.
By 1954, Nordberg Manufacturing Company was at 1876 West Georgia Street.
In 1957, the engineering firm of Craig and Ralston was at 1876 West Georgia Street.
From 1958 to 1960, B.C. Boat Sales Limited was at this location.
In 1961, the property was available to rent.
In 1985, Bayshore Bicycles was at 1876 West Georgia Street.
The property later became part of the Lord Stanley apartment hotel.