1040 Denman Street was on the east side of Denman Street, between Nelson Street and Comox Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 59; north half of Lot 15.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched December 8, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1905 to 1920.
|1906||Purdy, Ernest Ralph|
|1907 to 1910||Smith, Seth B.|
|1911 to 1913||Thornton, William Andrew|
|1914||Boorman, Harry Eustace|
|1915 to 1919||Butler, John Charles|
For much of its life, the house offered rental accommodation.
In 1951, the house was for sale.
The property later became part of the Denman Place complex.
Further information appears on the page for 1008 Denman Street.