1820 Georgia Street was on the south side of Georgia Street, just west of Denman Street.
Legal description: District Lot 185, Block 65, west half of Lot 2.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched December 6, 2019].
|Owner:||Thomas, E. A.|
|Architect:||Wiles & Fisher|
|Builder:||Wiles & Fisher|
|Legal Address:||DL: Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Georgia Street|
Vancouver directory listings from 1903 to 1920.
|1903 to 1904||Wickett, Andrew|
|1905 to 1909||Watson, John Robert|
|1906 to 1920||Thomas, Emery Arthur|
Beginning in the 1920s, the house offered rental accommodation.
In 1935, Georgia Sign Service was at 1820 Georgia Street. (In 1933, the Georgia Sign Services firm was at 1873 Georgia Street.)
The house continued to offer rental accommodations through the 1940s.
In 1945, the house was for sale.
The property was still offering rental accommodation in 1950.
Beginning in the 1950s, a series of businesses occupied a relatively new two-storey building on the property.
In 1953, Swann Hydraulic was at 1820 Georgia Street.
From the 1960s to the 1990s, a series of gardening and recreational sales businesses operated at 1820 Georgia Street.
The lot later became part of the Lumière condominium development at 1863 Alberni Street.