Legal description: District Lot 185, Block 69, west half of lot 10.
The James Borland family lived at this address from 1901 to 1920.
The house was a private residence until the 1940s.
In 1944 the house was for sale.
In May 1957, house-wreckers demolished 1934 Nelson Street, along with 1950 Nelson Street, which was next door.
By about 1958 a new apartment building appeared on the former sites of 1934 Nelson Street and 1950 Nelson Street. (The address of the new building was 1940 Nelson Street.)
In 1989, the City of Vancouver received an application to build an eight-storey apartment building at 1940 Nelson Street.
It appears that this project did not go ahead, and that the property became part of the redevelopment of 1928 Nelson Street in 1993.