1906 Nelson Street was on the southwest corner of Nelson Street and Gilford Street.
Legal description: District Lot 185, Block 69, north halves of lots 8 and 9.
The first occupants of the house were Donald Greenfield Macdonell and his wife, Edith.
It appears that Edith Macdonell was the actual owner of the property; it formed part of her estate when she died in 1910.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 8, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1906 to 1931.
|1907 to 1916||Donald Greenfield Macdonell (listed as 1900 Nelson Street in 1906).|
|1917 to 1931||James Murray Lay|
From the 1930s to the late 1950s, the house was a rooming house.
In March 1958, a house-wrecking firm demolished the house.
By February 1959, an apartment building called “Four Winds” was on the site.
Four Winds, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada; 1906 Nelson Street; http://urbandb.com/canada/british-columbia/vancouver/four-winds/index.html#.XF5cqlVKjIU
Reliance Properties; 1906 Nelson Street; https://www.relianceproperties.ca/residential/1906-nelson-street/.