1826 Nelson Street was on the south side of Nelson Street, west of Denman Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 69, Lot 3.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 5, 2019].
|Owner:||Nicholson, Dr. [or D.]|
|Builder:||Appleby H. O.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Nelson Street|
Vancouver directory listings from 1907 to 1931.
|1907 to 1911 and 1913 to 1931||Nicholson, Francis John|
|1912||Mellish, Arthur James Benjamin|
In 1930, the house was for rent.
In the late 1930s, the house was a rooming house.
In 1945 and 1946, the property was for sale.
In February 1953, house-wreckers were demolishing the house.
In March 1953, the City of Vancouver issued a permit for an apartment building at 1826 Nelson Street.
The new apartment building was open for rentals in the fall of 1953.
The building was still available for short-term rentals in April 1988.
In May 1988, a firm of architects applied for a development permit to build an eight-storey apartment building on 1822 Nelson Street, and apparently on the property at 1826 Nelson Street as well.
In July 1988, the architects applied to increase the height of the building to 11 storeys.
The Admiral Point apartments appeared at 1838 Nelson Street in 1989.