2033 Comox Street was on the north side of Comox Street, between Chilco Street and Stanley Park.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 69, Lot 25.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits:http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched April 19, 2019].
According to the Vancouver World, the building permit for the house was in 1906, and the estimated cost of the house was $10,000.
Vancouver directory listings from 1907 to 1920.
|1907 to 1915||Douglas, Charles Stanford|
|1916 to 1917||Brooks, Philip Ranney|
|1918||Beazley, Ernest Henry|
|1920||Clark, Ralph Samuel|
In May 1919, the house was for rent.
The family of Ernest Bernulf Clegg lived in the house from 1925 to 1946.
In 1945, a fire occurred in the second storey of the house.
Mrs. Clegg moved out of the house in 1946.
Mrs. Clegg died in 1962.
Later Uses of the Property
In 1949, the property was for sale as a potential hotel site.
In the 1950s, the house offered rental accommodation.
The house was sometimes called the “Park Hotel.”
In January 1954, the property was for sale as a potential apartment site.
In 1957, the property was again for sale.
In 1958, a fire damaged the kitchen and other parts of the house.
In 1959 and 1959, a firm of house-wreckers demolished 2033 Comox Street, along with other houses in the block.
By the spring of 1960, an apartment building called “The White House” was on the property, with an address of 2033 Comox Street.
Emporis, The White House, 2033 Comox Street; https://www.emporis.com/buildings/158637/white-house-vancouver-canada.