Doctor David Henry Wilson lived in this large Maclure and Fox house at the southeast corner of Haro Street and Chilco Street.
Most of the time the address for this property is 1966 Haro Street. However, it sometimes appears at a Chilco Street address or as the intersection of Haro Street and Chilco Street.
In one case, the address is “Chilcote and Haro.”: Hon. David Henry Wilson, M. D., Northern Who’s Who; A Biographical Dictionary of Men and Women, 1916, page 866: http://archive.org/stream/northernwhoswhob01park#page/867/mode/1up.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched January 30, 2013].
|Owner:||Wilson, D. H. (Dr.)|
|Architect:||Maclure & Fox|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 67 Sub: Resub: Lot: 12 & 13|
|Street Name:||Chilco Street|
The plans for the house are in the Vancouver City Archives: http://searcharchives.vancouver.ca/house-for-dr-d-h-wilson-cor-chilco-and-haro-streets;rad