1841 Morton Avenue was on the north side of Morton Avenue, west of Denman Street. (From about 1910 to 1913, it appears that some sources used 1842 Pendrell Street as the address for this house. Further information appears on the page for 1842 Pendrell Street.)
Legal Description: District Lot: 185; Block 71; west half of Lot 4.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched August 3, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1910 to 1920.
|1910 to 1914||Conley, Charles|
|1916||Devaney, John Henry|
|1917||Mauris, Henri Louis|
|1918 to 1919||Mauris, Mrs. Beatrice (wife of Henri Louis Mauris)|
In 1916, a fire damaged the property.
The house often offered rental accommodations.
In 1939, the owner renovated the building.
In 1956, house wreckers demolished the building at 1841 Morton Avenue (probably along with other nearby houses).
By 1959, the Ocean Towers apartment building was on the site. (Also gone were Morton Lodge and the houses at 1839 Morton Avenue, 1837 Morton Avenue and 1835 Morton Avenue.)