1842 Georgia Street was on the south side of Georgia Street, about midway between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot: 185; Block: 65; Lot: 3 or 4 [the exact location of this address is unclear].
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 1, 2020].
1842 Georgia Street appeared in the 1919 Vancouver directory as the address for “Trottmcgregor Engineering Company.”
Spence & Wiles was a firm of furniture manufacturers at 1842 Georgia Street in 1920 and 1921.
In the late 1920s, Ross Thomson’s patent attorney business was at 1842-1852 Georgia Street.
Later, a series of manufacturing and retail businesses occupied this site.
In 1933, Frank, Charles and Ernest Chester had a patent brokerage business at 1842 Georgia Street.
In mid-1934, an outboard supply and repair shop was at this location.
In 1934, the Private Aircraft Club was at 1842 Georgia Street.
From 1937 to about 1946, Davidson’s Laminated Ski Factory was at 1842-1852 Georgia Street.
About 1946, Davidson’s expanded their business to include laminated boats and canoes, and the company became Moulded Plywoods Limited. Its address was 1852 Georgia Street.
Davidson Manufacturing was at 1872 Georgia Street in February 1977.
The lot later became part of the Lumière condominium development at 1863 Alberni Street.