1836 Comox Street was on the south side of Comox Street, west of Denman Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 70, Lot 3 (west half).
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 23, 2019].
|Owner:||Almond, H. E.|
|Architect:||Almond, H. E.|
|Builder:||Almond, H. E.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 70 Sub: Resub: Lot: W 1/2 of 3|
|Street Name:||Comox Street|
|Remarks:||Office/Store; One-storey frame garage [DBR]; [added full legal desc.]|
Vancouver directory listings from 1904 to 1920:
|1909 to 1917||Almond, Henry Elston|
|1918 to 1920||Amiss, John Haines|
In later years, the house offered rental accommodations.
In 1941, the house was for sale.
The house continued to offer rental accommodations in the 1950s and early 1960s.
By 1966, the lot was part of the site of the El Cid Apartments at 1850 Comox Street.