The Carbolineum Works made creosoted wood for building roads, piers and other structures. (The creosote protected the wood from decay, but it caused long-lasting contamination of water and land.)
About 1910, the company moved to a larger site on the North Arm of the Fraser River.
In 1911, the company changed its name to “The Dominion Creosoting Company.”
In 1923, William Harvey sold the business to Robertson and Hackett Sawmills.
Further information appears on the page for William Henry Harvey (1845-1933).