Vancouver Ship Yard Limited was a builder of ships and boats. It was in the 1800 block of Georgia Street from 1902 until the 1960s. William Watts was the manager of the company for much of its early history. The street address was 1877 Georgia Street for much of its time in the West End.
In 1954, Vancouver Shipyards became part of Vancouver Tug Boat Company Limited. In 1968, the shipyard facilities moved to North Vancouver. The successor to the business became Seaspan International Limited, which was part of Washington Marine Group.
Vancouver Shipyards, North Vancouver BC; http://shipbuildinghistory.com/canadayards/vancouver.htm: “Vancouver Shipyards Co., Ltd., was founded in 1902 in downtown Vancouver. It was acquired by Vancouver Tug in 1954. In 1968, both Vancouver Tug and Vancouver Shipyards were acquired by Dillingham Corporation and moved to their present site at the foot of Pemberton Avenue in North Vancouver. Vancouver Tug subsequently became Seaspan International and is now part of the Washington Marine Group.”
Seaspan’s Vancouver Shipyards; http://www.seaspan.com/vancouver-shipyards: “Vancouver Shipyards, originally incorporated in 1902, moved in 1968 from the shores of downtown Vancouver to its present 40 acre custom-built facility on the North Shore of the Burrard Inlet at 50 Pemberton Avenue, North Vancouver.”
Seaspan ULC; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaspan_ULC.