1800 Haro Street was on the southwest corner of Haro Street and Denman Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 67, north half of Lot 1.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits:http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched May 15, 2019].
|Owner:||Patton, J. K.|
|Architect:||Whiteway, W. T.|
|Builder:||Tardiff, P. (cont.)|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 67 Sub: Resub: Lot: 1 [N 1/2]|
|Street Number:||[1800 or 1802]|
|Street Name:||Haro Street & Denman Street|
Vancouver directory listings from 1902 to 1924:
|1902 to 1903 (probably 1899 to 1901 also)||Patton, John Killips|
|1904 to 1924||Phelan, John Theodore|
In November 1924, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
In 1925, the house was for sale.
The house continued to offer rental accommodation.
In April 1930, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
In 1936, a realtor advertised the house as a “business property.”
The house last appeared in the Vancouver directories in 1936. It was vacant.
By the early 1940s, a one-storey commercial building was on the site.
Commercial businesses still occupy the site in 2019.