1853 Alberni Street was on the north side of Alberni Street, between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 65, south half of Lot 4.
The house was apparently moved to 1853 Alberni Street from another location, perhaps 1844 Georgia Street, which was on the north half of the same block.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched March 20, 2019].
|Owner:||Stevens, D. B.|
|Architect:||Menzies, J. N.|
|Builder:||Menzies, J. N.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Alberni Street|
|Remarks:||Repairs; Move residence [BCR]|
Vancouver directory listings from 1918 to 1921.
|1918 to 1921||Reese, Richard Edward|
In 1935, the house was for rent.
In 1936, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
In 1941, a suite in the house was available to rent.
This address last appeared in the Vancouver directories in 1951.
The lot later became part of the Lumière condominium development at 1863 Alberni Street.