1918 Haro Street was on the south side of Haro Street, west of Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 67, Lot 9.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched June 9, 2019]. However, Heritage Vancouver indicates that the city issued a building permit on January 10, 1906, to M. T. Quigley, for house construction valued at $4,000.
Vancouver directory listings from 1907 to 1928:
|1907 to 1909||Quigley, Michael Thomas|
|1910 to 1928||Cambie, Henry John|
|1912 to 1914||Hood, Maurice Henry Nelson|
In March 1909, Henry Cambie bought the house. He was planning to take possession in the fall of 1909.
By the end of the summer, the Quigleys were preparing to move out.
Henry Cambie and members of his family lived in the house until the late 1920s.
Henry Cambie died in 1928. In the fall of 1929, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
In the 1930s, a series of tenants lived in the house.
In the 1940s and 1950s, the house advertised rooms and suites for rent.
In May 1958, house-wreckers demolished the house.
By October 1958, a new apartment building was on the site.