1801 Beach Avenue was on the south-east side of Beach Avenue, at the intersection of Beach Avenue and Burnaby Street. In the 1920s, the house received a new address of 1789 Beach Avenue.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 62; south half of Lot 15.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched March 4, 2019].
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Beach Avenue|
|Remarks:||Repairs; one-storey frame addition [DBR]; [added DL]|
Vancouver directory listings from 1907 to 1920:
|1907 to 1910||Franklin, Henry James (Harry)|
|1911||Lamb, Robin William (son of Thomas Cardain Lamb)|
|1911||Lamb, Thomas Cardain|
|1912 to 1914||Chambers, Charles Henry|
|1915 to 1936||Simpson, William|
|1917 to 1920||Simpson, Zachariah|
While Harry Franklin was living in the house, he regularly advertised real property for sale, sometimes for other owners and sometimes on his own behalf.
In the 1920s, the house received its new address of 1789 Beach Avenue.
From time to time, the house offered rental accommodation and refreshment facilities.
In the 1940s, a fish and chip shop was operating on this site.The property later became part of the dining facilities at The Boathouse restaurant, with an address of 1795 Beach Avenue.