2047 Pendrell Street was on the north side of Pendrell Street, west of Chilco Street. It was in a block of closely-packed houses on fairly narrow lots. There was also a small cottage at the rear of the property, with an address of 2051 Pendrell Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 195; Block 70; west half of Lot 24.
There is one apparent reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched April 25, 2019]. Note: the reference has the 2047 Pendrell Street as the address, but it also has Lot number 27. The normal lot number for this address would be Lot 24. (The owner, Charles Abraham Schooley, lived at 2057 Pendrell Street from 1914 to 1928. The lot number for 2057 Pendrell was Lot 23.)
|Owner:||Schooley, C. A.|
|Architect:||B. C. Archs. & Realty Company|
|Builder:||Davis & Landers|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 70 Sub: Resub: Lot: 27|
|Street Name:||Pendrell Street|
|Remarks:||Frame dwelling house|
Vancouver directory listings from 1912 to 1920.
|1913||Burke, Arthur Laurie|
|1914||Bushby, George Gordon|
|1915 to 1916||Hopkins, Innes|
|1917 to 1918||Tornroos, Gunnar Wilhelm|
|1919||Camplin, Frederick Baldwin|
|1920||Cotton, John Vincent|
Both the main house (2047 Pendrell Street) and the cottage at the rear of the property (2051 Pendrell Street) offered rental accommodation throughout most of their existence.
In 1930, the main house and the cottage at the rear of the property were for sale.
The houses continued to be available for rental from the 1930s to the 1960s.
The entire lot, including both the main house and the cottage at the rear, later became part of the lot for Panorama Place apartments, which has an address of 2055 Pendrell Street. Further information appears on the page for 2055 Pendrell Street.