1995 Georgia Street was on the north side of Georgia Street, just east of Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 64, east half of Lot 13.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 2, 2020].
|Owner:||Mathers, J. B.|
|Architect:||Baker & Mathers|
|Builder:||Baker & Mathers|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 64 Sub: Resub: Lot: 13|
|Street Name:||Georgia Street W|
|Remarks:||Stores & dwelling|
The owner of the property was J. B. Mathers (probably James Bolivar Mathers (1863-1936)). Further information appears on the page for 1997 Georgia Street; https://westendvancouver.wordpress.com/streets-a-to-h/georgia-street-2/1900-block-georgia-street/1997-georgia-street/.
In the 1915 Vancouver directory, Camille Smith had a fancy goods store at this location.
In 1915, 1995 Georgia Street was the contact address for the sale of popcorn machines and a candy outfit.
Although 1995 Georgia Street seldom appeared in the Vancouver directories after 1915, the property was the location of several businesses until the 1960s.
Devonian Harbour Park
This site became part of Devonian Harbour Park.
Further information appears on the page for 1997 Georgia Street: https://westendvancouver.wordpress.com/streets-a-to-h/georgia-street-2/1900-block-georgia-street/1997-georgia-street/