1917 Pendrell Street was at the rear of 1915 Pendrell Street, just west of the intersection with Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 70; north part of east half of Lot 32.
In the 1903 plan, the house that became 1925 Pendrell Street was present on the west half of Lot 32. However, the houses on the east half of the lot did not yet appear.
By 1912, all three houses were standing on Lot 32.
There is one probable reference to 1917 Pendrell Street in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched April 23, 2019].
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 70 Sub: Resub: Lot: 32|
|Street Name:||Pendrell Street|
Vancouver directory listings from 1904 to 1920.
|1907||Rankin, Unknown given name|
|1908 to 1909||Bramwell, William|
|1910 to 1912||Robson, Frank|
|1913to 1915; 1917 to 1920||Gunther, Herman Alfred|
The house offered rental accommodation through the 1940s. It did not appear in the Vancouver directories after 1949.
In the early 1980s, this property became part of a new condominium apartment building that also included the former site of Gilford Court at 1901 Pendrell Street. (Further information appears on the page for 1901 Pendrell Street.)