2037 Pendrell Street was on the north side of Pendrell Street, west of Chilco Street. It was in a block of closely-packed houses on fairly narrow lots.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched September 22, 2019].
|Architect:||Grant & Henderson|
|Builder:||Ranger, C. W.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 70 Sub: Resub: Lot: W 1/2 of 25|
|Street Name:||Pendrell Street|
|Remarks:||Frame dwelling house|
Vancouver directory listings from 1903 to 1926.
|1903 to 1906||Pengelley, Robert John|
|1907 to 1912||Horne, Thomas|
|1911||Burmester, Charles Mansel|
|1913||Tunstall, Mrs. Simon John (Marianne Lawson Innes)|
|1914 to 1915||O’Brian, Clarence McLean|
|1917 to 1922 and 1923 to 1926||David, William Richard|
(Since the directories include listings before 1909 and the building permit is from 1909, it is possible that there was another building on this site before then. Alternatively, the addresses on this block may have changed.)
For many years, the house offered rental accommodation. As tenants moved out, they sometimes held auctions to sell their furniture, especially if they were leaving for another city or another country.
In 1955 and 1962, the house was for sale.
Vancouver Sun, October 27, 1962, page 37, column 6.
The property later became part of the lot for Panorama Place apartments. Further information appears on the page for 2055 Pendrell Street.