1818 Comox Street was on the south side of Comox Street, just west of Denman Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 70, Lot 2 (east half).
There is one potential reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits:http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 17, 2019].
|Owner:||Dyke, M. (Mrs.)|
|Architect:||Carden, W. E.|
|Builder:||Carden, W. E.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 70 Sub: Resub: Lot: 2|
|Street Name:||Comox Street|
Vancouver directory listings from 1907 to 1920:
|1907 to 1910||Dickson, William Herbert|
|1912 to 1913||Sharp, George|
|1914 to 1919||Graham, Jeannie Walker Scott|
|1914 to 1915||Leslie, Thomas Soga|
|1920||Harris, Vivian Norman|
Throughout most of its existence, the house offered rental accommodation.
In 1925, an auctioneer sold the furniture from the house.
In 1954, 1958 and 1959, the house was for sale.
The house was still offering rental accommodation in the 1960s.
By 1966, the lot was part of the site of the El Cid Apartments at 1850 Comox Street.