875 Chilco Street was on the west side of Chilco Street, between Haro Street and Barclay Street.
Legal Description: district Lot 185; Block 67; Lot 14A.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 24, 2019].
|Architect:||Grant & Henderson|
|Builder:||Campbell, Burke & McClay|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 67 Sub: Resub: Lot: 14-15 [A-B-C-D-E of]|
|Street Number:||2014-2022 (also 875-885-891)|
|Street Name:||Haro Street (also Chilco Street)|
|Remarks:||5 dwelling houses [2014-2022 Haro Street, 875-885-891 Chilco Street]|
Vancouver directory listings from 1911 to 1927.
|1910||Bealey, Robert John|
|1912, 1914 to 1915||Brooks, Philip Ranney|
|1913||Lea, William James|
|1916 to 1919||Boyce, Charles Frederick|
|1920||Eddy, Albert Clarke|
The house provided rental accommodation from the 1930s to the early 1960s.
The lot later became part of the parking area for the Laguna Vista apartment building, which appeared at 2020 Haro Street in 1966.