1994 Pendrell Street was on the south side of Pendrell Street, near the intersection with Chilco Street. (Some references used 1964 Pendrell Street as the address. For some years, it appears that the address was 1989 Beach Avenue. There was another similar structure to the west, which had an address of 1996 Pendrell Street.)
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched March 28, 2019].
According to a 1968 article in the Vancouver Sun, John Dawson McGregor built this house in 1907.
A series of tenants later lived in the house.
Vancouver directory listings from 1911 to 1920.
|1912 to 1913||Park, Henry Stewart|
|1914||Berryman, William Stanley|
|1919||Musham, Harry William|
|1920||McKinnell [unknown first name; probably Archibald James McKinnell and Colin Stanley McKinnell]|
About 1926, the addresses of 1994 and 1996 Pendrell Street became 1964 and 1966 Pendrell Street.
The houses at 1964 and 1966 Pendrell Street were still standing in 1962. (In 1966, a fire destroyed 1966 Pendrell Street.)
1964 Pendrell Street was still standing in 1972.
In 1973, the house was one of several that were demolished to make way for the Huntington West apartments at 1995 Beach Avenue. Further information appears on the page for 1999 Beach Avenue.