886 Park Road was on the west side of Park Road (later called Lagoon Drive), about mid-way between Haro Street and Barclay Street. It is the house under construction near the left of the above photograph.
Samuel Maclure and Cecil Fox designed the house for William Martin Griffin, who was a lawyer.
The Griffin family lived in the house from about 1911 to 1958.
Legal description: District lot: 185; block: 67; south half of lot 17 [it had earlier been approximately lot F, as in the illustration below].
2000 Block Haro Street – Detail from Goad’s Atlas of the city of Vancouver – 1912 – Vol 1 – Plate 7 – Coal Harbour to Barclay Street and Cardero Street to Stanley Park
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1[searched February 5, 2016].
|Architect:||Maclure & Fox|
|Builder:||Allan & Wertgate|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 67 Sub: Resub: Lot: S 1/2 of 17|
|Street Name:||Park Road [Lagoon Drive]|
|Remarks:||Frame d house|
Samuel Maclure, Architect, by Janet Bingham; Ganges, British Columbia, Horsday & Schubart, 1985, inventory 3 (unpaged): “Date: November 22, 1909; Maclure and Fox; Client: Martin Griffin, barrister, of Tupper & Griffin; address: 886 Park Road; building type: frame dwelling-house; cost: $7,000; contractor: E. Cox; remarks: demolished.”