2056 Beach Avenue was on the south side of Beach Avenue, between Stanley Park and Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 71; north half of Lot 22.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched May 20, 2019].
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Beach Avenue|
Vancouver directory listings from 1903 to 1937:
|1903||Walkem, George Alexander|
|1905 to 1910||Wilson, William Hugh|
|1912 to 1913||Newstead, Maud|
|1914 to 1915||Boyd, Henry Arthur|
|1916 to 1917||Colquhoun, Adelaide Alicia|
|1919||Bell, Mrs. George|
|1920 to 1937||Wall, George|
The house continued to be a private residence and sometimes a confectionery until the late 1940s.
From the late 1940s until 1951, a bicycle rental business was at this address.
The bicycle business last appeared in the Vancouver directories in 1951.
It appears that the house was moved or demolished as part of the city’s program to create more park space along English Bay.
In 1962, this lot was part of the beach-front park area on English Bay.