1913 Beach Avenue was one of four similar houses on the north side of Beach Avenue, just west of Gilford Street. They first appeared in the Vancouver directories in 1903.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 71, west half of Lot 9.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched October 28, 2020].
|Owner:||Bland, W. E. (Lessee)|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Beach Avenue|
Vancouver directory listings from 1903 to 1927:
|1904||Pegram, William Henry|
|1905 to 1906||Murray, John Anderson|
|1907 to 1908||Bull, Richard Strachan|
|1909||Benedict, Oscar Welton|
|1910||Cuthbert, William Arthur|
|1912||Richardson, William Lionel|
|1913 to 1927||Bland, William Elgie|
Throughout much of its life, the house offered rental accommodation.
In 1941, the Huntington Apartments appeared on the site.
Further information appears on the page for 1901 Beach Avenue.