1924 Comox Street was an empty lot on the south side of the 1900 block of Comox Street until about 1930, when the Capistrano Apartments went up on the site.
In the postcard below, the empty lot at 1924 Comox Street is to the left of the light-coloured house at the centre left.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 70, Lot 9.
By the 1980s, the owners of the The Capistrano were planning to demolish it. The tenants tried unsuccessfully to convert the building into a cooperative.
The developer applied to construct a new condominium building on the property.
A new building, called Windgate Apartments, was on the site by 1987. The address was 1924 Comox Street.
In 2011 and 2012, the new building had rainscreen re-construction to deal with water leaks on the exterior.
Further information appears on the page for the Capistrano Apartments.