1843 Robson Street was on the north side of Robson Street, between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 65, east half of Lot 33.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched May 5, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1908 to 1920:
|1910||Plummer, Alfred Edwin|
|1911||Sobey, Sanford Seymour|
|1913||Thomson, Miss G.M.|
|1918 to 1919||Hutchinson, Robert Burns|
|1920||Not listed under Vancouver streets|
In 1909, the contents of the house were for sale by auction.
In 1910, the house had a room for rent.
In 1912, the house was for sale as a rooming house.
In 1956 and 1961, fires damaged parts of the house.
In 1981, Hilcon Developments applied for a permit to build an eight-storey apartment building at 1849 Robson Street. (The proposed development may also have included the east half of the lot that was 1843 Robson Street.)
It appears that the 1981 proposal did not go ahead.
In 1985, Coal Harbour Architectural Group applied for a permit to build an eight-storey apartment building on the site of both 1843 Robson Street and 1849 Robson Street.
In 1986, a new building appeared on the site, with an address of 1845 Robson Street. The name of the building was “Sundial Place.”
Sundial Place, 1845 Robson Street; https://bccondos.net/1845-robson-st.