1934 Barclay Street was on the south side of Barclay Street, about midway between Gilford Street and Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 68; Lot 10.
There are no references to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched January 28, 2019].
Vancouver directory listings from 1901 to 1921.
|1901; 1903 to 1905||Sands, Edgar Hugh|
|1902||Wood, Hugh Myddleton|
|1906||Taylor, John Fenton|
|1908||Ross, John Campbell|
|1909 to 1915||McNaughton, Peter Fisher|
|1916||Scrimgeour, John Murray|
|1917 to 1918||Mather, Robert Fenton|
|1920 to 1921||Wylie, Frederick Arthur|
The house was a private home until the 1950s. At some point it was divided into two suites.
In 1952, the house was for sale.
The house continued to be available for rent through the 1950s and 1960s.
The house was for sale in 1969.
By 1979, a developer was proposing an apartment building for the site. At first the building was to include 12 dwelling units.
Soon afterward, the proposed building was to contain only 10 units.
The building was on the market by October 1979.