1847 Pendrell Street was on the north side of Pendrell Street, between Denman Street and Chilco Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 70; Lot 37.
There is one reference to this lot in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched April 25, 2019].
|Owner:||Blowey, J. D.|
|Architect:||Blowey, J. D.|
|Builder:||Blowey, J. D.|
|Legal Address:||DL: Block: Sub: Resub: Lot:|
|Street Name:||Pendrell Street|
Vancouver directory listings from 1908 to 1920:
|1911||Blowey, James Thomas|
|1913 to 1915||Barton, George Gilbert|
|1916||Torrance, William Lorne|
|1919 to 1923||Herman, John William|
In 1910 and 1924, the furniture in the house was for sale by auction.
Throughout much of its existence, the house offered rooms for rent.
Around 1930, the house was a “home for medical convalescents.”
It later reverted to a place for room and board.
In 1956, the properties at 1847 Pendrell Street and 1853 Pendrell Street were for sale.
A three-storey rental apartment building later appeared on the property. It was called “Oceanside Apartments” or “Oceanside Apartment Hotel.”
Oceanside Apartments, 1847 Pendrell Street, Vancouver; https://goodmanreport.com/listings/1112-oceanside-apartments-1847-pendrell-street-vancouver: “Known as Oceanside Hotel, the property was originally built as a rental building but is currently operated as a hotel.”