1829 Alberni Street was on the north side of Alberni Street, between Denman Street and Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185; Block 65, east half of Lot 3.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched March 20, 2019].
|Owner:||Steves, S. J.|
|Architect:||Steves, S. J.|
|Builder:||Steves, S. J.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 65 Sub: Resub: Lot: E 1/2 3|
|Street Name:||Alberni Street|
|Remarks:||Frame d house|
Vancouver directory listings from 1912 to 1920:
|1912 to 1913||Palmer, Arthur Barden|
|1914||Norman, Anquetil Philip|
|1915 to 1916||Findlay, William Francis|
|1917 to 1918||Brown, Arthur Percy|
|1920||Ireland, Henry Stanley|
In the 1930s and 1940s, the house offered rental accommodation.
In the 1960s and 1970s, this address was the location of Western Aquatic.
In 1980, Instant Furnishings Limited moved to this site.
The lot later became part of the Lumière condominium development at 1863 Alberni Street.