1860 Comox Street was on the south side of Comox Street, just east of Gilford Street.
Legal Description: District Lot 185, Block 70, Lot 5.
There is one reference to this property in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 17, 2019].
|Owner:||Allan, J. D.|
|Architect:||Allan, T. A.|
|Builder:||Allan, T. A.|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 70 Sub: Resub: Lot: 5|
|Street Name:||Comox Street|
|Remarks:||Frame dwelling house|
Vancouver directory listings from 1911 to 1920:
|1911 to 1914||Allan, Joseph Dodd|
|1915 to 1916||Anderson, Joseph|
|1918 to 1919||Paterson, Allan|
The house later offered rental accommodation.
In 1942, the house was for sale.
In 1943, a fire damaged the upper portion of the house. It appears that the damage was later repaired.
By 1966, the lot was part of the site of the El Cid Apartments at 1850 Comox Street.