1967 Georgia Street was on the north side of Georgia Street, between Gilford Street and Chilco Street.
The building did not appear in the 1901 fire insurance plan.
There is a structure in the 1903 fire insurance plan that could be 1967 Georgia Street. It is at the north end of Lots 12 and 13, and it is built on piles at the south edge of Coal Harbour.
This is a composite view of the north side of the 1900 block of Georgia Street from about 1903 to 1906. No buildings are visible on the north side of this portion of the block.
This view looks south towards a series of buildings on the 1900 block of Georgia Street. The arrows point to buildings that appear to be on the north side of the street.
The 1912 and later fire insurance plans did not list a specific building with an address of 1967 Georgia Street.
Vancouver directory addresses from 1906 to 1911.
|1906||Maude, Albert Edward|
|1907||Seymour, Alexander Henderson|
|1908||Steer, Charles Pearman|
|1909||Haines, Leslie Earls|
|1910 to 1911||Not listed under Vancouver streets|
Hoffar Motor Boat Company
There is one reference to 1967 Georgia Street in Heritage Vancouver Society’s database of historic building permits: http://permits.heritagevancouver.org/index.php?cID=1 [searched February 27, 2020].
|Owner:||Hoffar Bros. [Hoffar Motor Boat Co.]|
|Legal Address:||DL: 185 Block: 64 Sub: Resub: Lot: 12 & 13|
|Street Name:||Georgia Street W|
|Remarks:||Factory/Warehouse; frame building with galvanized iron exterior, 120×43 ft; bldg to house the aireplane [sic] shop and motor boat works [DBR]|
The Hoffar Motor Boat Company and its successors remained at this location from the 1920s to the 1940s. Further information appears on the page for the Hoffar Motor Boat Company.
Marine-related businesses were still operating in this location in the late 1950s.
The area later became part of Devonian Harbour Park.
Further information appears on the page for 1997 Georgia Street.